These highly-addictive anytime cookies are “ridiculously” healthy and easy to make. Enjoy them for breakfast or pack them in school lunchbox or snack anytime. Go ahead….indulge!! They are TOTALLY GUILT-FREE.
Gluten-free (use gluten-free oats)
Vegan (use vegan chocolate chips)
No added fats
No added sugar
This cookie has it all!
Three more weeks for Easter and I’ve started craving for something sweet. Coffee without sugar has been the hardest for me and I’m that odd one that you might run into Starbucks, adding 3 or 4 packets of sugar for a tall cappuccino:) What can I say, I love my coffee sweet!!! Though I have been doing an awesome job of being sugar-free for lent (a pat on my back …. ), it is a little hard when everyone around you enjoys a sweet treat. Hence, the birth of my Ridiculously healthy oatmeal cookies.
What is so special about theses cookies?? Well, they miss the usual cookie ingredients – butter/flour/eggs/sugar. These cookies are mainly oats, sliced almonds, cranberries, chocolate chips that are bound together with mashed banana and almond butter. Just mix all ingredients, shape into cookies and bake.
-Use a very ripe banana, since that is the main source of sweetness.
-Raisins can be used instead of cranberries.
-A 2-tablespoon measure ice cream scoop comes in very handy. But, certainly not necessary.
Skill level – Easy
Ridiculously Healthy Oatmeal Cookies
1 very ripe banana (medium – large), mashed
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 cup almond butter
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup dried cranberries
1/4 semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl, until well combined.
3. Spoon 2 tablespoons measure dough on the prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly apart (cookies will not expand). Using your fingers or the back of a spoon, pat them gently into 2-inch circles.
5. Bake cookies in the middle rack of the oven for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown (turn pan around halfway through baking).
6. Place pan on a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 15 cookies