We are talking super creamy no-churn kulfi ice cream!
Say hello to your new favorite summer pop.
Crunchy pistachios, floral cardamom and majestic saffron. Mmmm……
No ice cream maker required.
Yet , so creamy…dreamy…
Traditionally not creamy. But, why not? Ain’t gonna hurt, right?
Kulfi can be frozen in any container like ice cream or made into popsicles.
(Disclosure – I used Dixie cups to get smaller pops)
Skill level – Easy
Easiest, Creamiest Kulfi
2 cups heavy cream, divided
1/2 teaspoon saffron threads
1 x 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon cardamom powder
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons raw shelled pistachios, chopped, divided
popsicle molds or paper cups
1. Into a small saucepan, add 1 cup heavy cream and saffron. Heat over low-medium heat, until it comes to a gentle boil. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature. Transfer cream into a covered container and refrigerate until completely cold (at least 5 hours or up to a day).
2. To make kulfi – Into a large bowl, combine saffron soaked heavy cream and remaining 1 cup heavy cream. Beat with hand held electric beater (on high speed) until thick and softly whipped (when soft peaks begin to form), about 1 1/2 minutes.
3. Into the whipped saffron cream, add sweetened condensed milk, cardamom powder and 3 tablespoons chopped pistachios. Whip again for about 30 seconds, until mixed completely.
4. To make kulfi pops – Transfer mixture into popsicle molds or paper cups. Sprinkle remaining chopped pistachios on top, insert popsicle sticks and place in freezer overnight. ( If using paper cups – when ready to eat, snip off a bit of the cup and peel off pop)
5. To make kulfi ice cream,, transfer mixture into a freezer safe container, sprinkle remaining chopped pistachios on top. Cover and freeze overnight. To serve, scoop kulfi into serving bowls.
Makes about 12-18 servings